Visa camp questions and answers
1. Will you be bringing paper application forms to fill for each service i.e. New OCI, Passport Renewals etc or will there be electronic devices such as iPad/laptop where applicants can fill in their details?: Applications for New OCI, passports, etc. need to be filled up online by applicants before hand. Paper applications are not used these days.
2. Will you just review the filled application that the applicants need to fill ahead of time to bring it with them or the embassy folks fill it for them?: Yes, we will be reviewing already filled up applications. If we find any discrepancies in the applications we will let the applicant know about these discrepancies.
3. Will you be sending the filled applications to VFS Global directly? Or the applicants have to do it themselves?: After review of applications by us, applicants should send those applications to VFS directly.
4. For new OCI application and Passport Renewals, what documents are needed?: Applicants can go to: https://indiainatlanta.gov.in/eoial_pages/MTg, and fill up their applications. They should read all instructions carefully and fill up applications step by step. They can also use the facility of our chatbot provided on the right side bottom of our website: https://indiainatlanta.gov.in/
5. What is needed from the applicants, apart from the required documents, how will they be paying the fees?: They can pay fees online while filling up their applications. Alternatively, they can also pay by money orders/cashier's checks.
6. Do you make a living will?: Yes. The applicant must be present there.
7. Will you be reviewing each of the required documents that need to be attached to the application?: Yes
8. How many people will be coming from the consular office?: There will be four
9. Can they cash/cashier's check or money order?: We will prefer money orders or cashier's checks. We would like to avoid cash